THE BLOG BULLETIN .COM



Sunday, September 6, 2015

WAYANS: COSBY INNOCENT


At least Cosby hasn't fallen for any money scam, so far.


By Ed Gauthier

In a humor-laced interview on New York’s 105.1 Breakfast Club radio show Friday, comic star Damon Wayans offered a serious defense to comedian Bill Cosby, who was accused late last year of administering "roofies" to and having sex with some three dozen women over the last few decades of his career.

Wayans said, “I just don’t believe it. I think it’s a money hustle.”

“To tell the truth, if I was him, I would divorce my - wife, wink wink - give her all my money, and then I would go and do a deposition,” Wayans jokingly told the radio station.

“I’d light [a] three-hour cigar, I’d have me some wine, and maybe a Quaalude, and I would just go off because I don’t believe he was raping. I believe he was in relationships with all of them and then he’s like, ‘You know what? [Cosby is] 78. It don’t work like that no more. I can’t get it up for any of y’all. Bye, bitches,’ and then they’re like, ‘Oh, really? Rape!’”

Wayans continued: “And some of them, really, is unrapeable. I look at them and go, ‘No, he don’t want that. Get outta here!’ Look, I understand fame. I’ve lived it. Women will throw themselves at you. They just want be in your presence. There’s some that innocently will come up there, but not 40-something women. They’re not that naive.”

When Breakfast Club radio host Angela Yee pointed out that many of the women had, in fact, come forward years before, Wayans dismissed her: “Bitch, how many times did it happen? Just listen to what they’re saying.”

Those legal actions of "coming forward," it must be noted, always resulted in their losing in court, and Cosby has not ever been convicted of any such crimes, nor of any other crime.

Of course, the same public forces who accused Cosby in the first place are now attacking Wayans for defending him on air.

As to Wayans' "money hustle" comment, the record shows that before any investigation of last year's wave of charges had been completed, lawyer Gloria Allred was already suggesting that Cosby pay thousands of dollars into a compensation fund for the women accusing him.

Which looks unmistakably like a denial of the legal rule known as innocent until proven guilty.

Earlier today, Wayans used the online communication mode Twitter to say that some of his words [in the radio interview] had been twisted, and he urged his followers to listen to the full interview itself.